About the Festival
The Sydney Conservatorium of Music International Jazz Festival is a one-day, boutique jazz festival presented in conjunction with the Sydney Conservatorium Open Academy.
Join us on Sunday 2 June 2019 for a showcase of the best of jazz from Sydney, Australia and around the world. Held at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, performances will take place in all five beautiful concert halls with their high-calibre facilities. Wander between acts and sample the great variety of styles on offer.
Affordable and accessible, the festival offers:
- international headline acts
- international collaborations with Australian musicians
- leading Australian artists
- leading Sydney artists
- artists of tomorrow mentored by leading Australian musicians
- artist masterclasses
- an acoustic philosophy: only vocals are amplified.
Sydney Conservatorium of Music
1 Conservatorium Rd
Sydney NSW 2000
How to get here
- Train: Martin Place or Circular Quay are the closest stations
- Bus: Any bus that travels to Circular Quay or along George, Pitt or Macquarie streets will get you close to the Con.
- Ferry: The Con is a 10-minute walk from Circular Quay
- Car: Parking is not available at the Conservatorium, but the following options may be helpful:
- Metered parking on Macquarie St, Sydney
- Domain Car Park (entrance on St Marys Rd), ph (02) 9232 6165
- Secure Parking, 131 Macquarie Street, Sydney, ph (02) 8912 4900
- Sir Stamford Hotel, 93 Macquarie St (entrance on Albert St), Sydney, ph (02) 9252 4600, offers valet parking
- Sydney Opera House Car Park, 2A Macquarie St, Sydney, ph (02) 9247 7599
Join our mailing list: Sign up and be the first to know when tickets go on sale, as well as our latest news and updates.
Meet our people
- Dean of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music: Professor Anna Reid
- Festival Artistic Director: David Theak
- Festival Producer: Marcus Hodgson
- SIMA: General Manager Amy Curl
- Publicist: Emma Collison Publicity
- Program graphic design: C J Rhodes
- Website design and maintenance: David Theak
- Production supervision: Dr David Kim-Boyle and Jarrad Salmon
- Ticketing and front of house: Felicity Knibbs
- Concert co-ordinators: Scott Ryan, Tom Westley and Tom Wade
- Marketing support: Grace Hall
The Sydney Conservatorium International Jazz Festival is assisted by the Australia Council for the Arts.